Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Macedonian Trip to the Türks

To see Türks in Macedonia was a culture shock for Brian and I, but it was a pleasure to serve the people through translation to improve their medical and economic situation. This is one of the favorite part of Gina's trip was talking to these young girls. They are all 18-20 years old, have only a 4th grade education, and are waiting to be married. In the meantime, they live with their families and help on the farm. They were so sweet and curious about us, and really open to talking. Please pray now for the Türks in Macedonia!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I had been praying about your time there, and it's really awesome to see the pictures and hear some of the stories!

I was so jealous when Greg said he talked to Brian the other day and was able to hear you and the kids in the background... ;)

steph said...

Gina! I miss you! We had so much fun on our trip to Macedonia! I have lost your Email, Could you please send me an email at:
welchstephanie@bellsouth.net so we can connect? So glad that you got to be in the states for a trip! Talk to you soon!